Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 10 September 2011

Vintage Postcard of London Bridge in Torquay, Devon

Thought I'd share another of my new batch of vintage postcards for this week's Postcard Friendship Friday. This is of London Bridge, but it's not in London, it's actually a limestone arch, in Torquay, Devon. The postcard was published by S.Hildesheimer. It's postally unused so I can't be sure of the date. but these card normally date back to 1905 - 1911. The postcard is artist drawn but I cannot see any indication of the artist's name. If anyone has any more information I'd love to know.


As usual, 100's more vintage postcards on my web site.

    

2 comments:

  1. That’s quite a dramatic picture. I can see why it’s called London Bridge I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I have seen this place, but it looked neither as atmospheric nor as mighty as in the illustration.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails