Complete Amazon Marketing System

Thursday 15 September 2011

Theme Thursday - Memory

For this week's Theme Thursday I was sure that I had an interesting old record that had the word 'memory' in the title, but alas it would seem not to be the case ... guess my memory is failing me on that account. So, it's my vintage postcard collection that once again comes to the rescue. This is a vintage birthday greetings postcard which contains the following verse ...

The memories sweet of years
Gone by arise
Like stars that brighten
Dark and dreary skies

The postcard is postally unused so I can't be sure of the date but would guess at around the 1920's. I think I've mentioned this before in a previous blog entry about horseshoes on cards, but as a child I was always told that horseshoes should be positioned with the open end facing upwards so that the luck did not fall out. Strange therefore that this postcard, and all the postcards I have with horseshoes have it opening downwards ... given that this is a birthday card, perhaps the idea is to share the luck rather than keeping it to yourself.

Vintage birthday greetings postcard

Lots more vintage birthday postcards on my web site

    

3 comments:

  1. I knew that too about horseshoes ^^
    It's a lovely postcard, as ever, thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horseshoes seem to have been particularly popular during the vintage postcard period. I suppose that there would still have been a good few real horseshoes around (for people to throw over their shoulders or whatever they did).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some of these are really special. I do like a vintage postcard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails