Complete Amazon Marketing System

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Vintage postcard advent calendar - December 1st

Seeing as all the children will be rushing downstairs to open their Advent calendars for the next 25 days, or 31 if they are fortunate enough to have one that goes right up to New Year, I thought it was only right to also have a calendar for, dare I say, the more mature audience (and I include myself in that category). So, what I plan to do is to share a vintage Christmas postcard or vintage Christmas card every day from 1st December through to 25th December. To compliment the blog entries, I will also have an online version of the vintage postcard advent calendar on my web site where, if my somewhat basic HTML and Javascript coding techniques have worked correctly, will allow you to open a window each day up to 25th December, but of course not to peek beyond that !! No idea how time zones will work, so maybe the people in Australia will get to see the postcards 12 hours or so earlier than the UK, and those in the UK 5 to 7 hours later? Anyhow, without further ado, the first vintage Christmas postcard is below. This is one of may favourites and I was torn between opening the theme with this one or leaving it until last. After much deliberation I decided to open with it to whet your appetites for the rest of the month.

Vintage Christmas postcard by the artist K.E.Cowderoy, published by Raphael Tuck in the Christmas series, C126

As always, there are 100's more vintage postcards on my web site
    

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... seems to be a technical glitch with the actual calendar. It worked firn on my home PC but seems to be not so happy from this one. Unfortunately I'm away from home so cannot fix the code (or the awful formatting - again that looked ok at home). So apologies but for now you may just have to make do with the blog version. If the advent calendar page does work for anyone at the moment please comment here and let me know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning postcard. I absolutely love it.
    As for the Advent calendar, it may be working. I was able to open it and have it tell me that I couldn't open the first one because it is only November 30. I will check back Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine - tahnks for the comment. Unfortunately it seems like a glitch in the code as I still can't see today's postcard, even though it's 1st December. It definitely worked on my home PC - how many times have I heard that sort of answer from IT support ;-)

    I'm back home tomorrow evening so maybe will get a chance to fix it.

    In the meantime I will shortly post December 2nd entry on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails