Complete Amazon Marketing System

Wednesday 1 December 2010

Vintage posctard advent calendar - December 2nd

Sincere apologies to anyone who tried to follow the link to the interactive vintage postcard advent calendar on my own web site, only to find that it doesn't work. All I can say is that it worked fine on my PC at home, so when I get back tomorrow I'll have to see if I can fix it - maybe I just forgot to upload one of the files to the server, although I can see the javascript file on the server from here and it's identical to the one I used locally!?!?!?!. What it should do is allow you to view the postcard for the current day, and any earlier days in December, but not those for days yet to come. Unfortunately what it seems to be doing is preventing you from seeing any of the days, even though the logic is right and is displaying the right day values in the 'error' message. Anyway, enough techno-babble, fortunately I can control the blog postings when I'm away from home, so here's the vintage Christmas postcard for 2nd December. I know I said this yesterday as well, but this is one of my favourite Christmas postcards, and I've never seen anything quite like it anywhere else.


As usual, 100's more vintage postcards on my web site

     

2 comments:

  1. This is a beauty. I'm still so impressed that you created that advent calendar. I love it and I know you will get it fixed when you get back. It's such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christine, and anyone else who's tried to look at the actual advent calendar. I have now fixed the problem (it was a bit of a schoolboy error I'm afraid - I forgot that arrays start at zero and not one). So now when you click on the postcards for the current and previous days you will see them a bit bigger in a new window. You still can't peek beyond the current day though ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails