Complete Amazon Marketing System

Saturday 2 October 2010

Vintage postcards of actresses

My vintage postcard blog for today includes a handful of actress postcards that I came across recently. I must admit that I'd not heard of any of these actresses before I found the postcards, but a little research suggests they were well known in their day.

 Miss Marie Studholme (b. 1872, d.1930)

Performed several roles in musical comedies, in London and the rest of the country.


Miss Ada Homer

I've not been very succesful in finding out much about this actress other than she appeared in 'Lady of the Lake'

 
Miss Maud Jeffries (b.1969, d.1946)

Appeared in several William Shakespeare plays including Twelth Night


As always, 100's more vintage postcards can be found on my web site

3 comments:

  1. I'm familiar with
    Marie Studholme, but not the other two. Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! The expression on Studholme's face - not to mention her clothes and accessories - is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are SO beautiful. Especially the actress who performed in the Lady of the Lake. I have one of the oldest American versions of that poem here at home. It is such a tragic tale--but so beautifully written.

    Wonderful blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails