Complete Amazon Marketing System

Friday 7 October 2011

Vintage postcards of Dutch children, clogs and windmills

I came across this old postcard a few weeks ago but until now it had managed to hide itself away towards the bottom of the 'to be processed' pile. It's a vintage postcard from 1913 of, I assume, a Dutch boy, in clogs and smoking a pipe. The postcard was published by Meissner & Buch in the 'Jung Holland' series.

Dutch boy with clogs and a pipe, c.1913

Even further in my distant memory was another Dutch vintage postcard I picked up a few years ago. Thanks to filing the scans under something meaningful (and memorable) I was able to find this one as well.

Dutch children, published by Heritage Mint

As usual 100's more vintage postcards on my web site

4 comments:

  1. The children and goose in the second are delightful, and I really like this image. Graphics are really strong in the first, it could almost be a poster - for tobacco, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The styles between the two postcards is quite different.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can almost imagine what those two kids w/ the goose were saying with the goose being pulled away by the goose :p Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cutely inappropriate smoker. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails