Complete Amazon Marketing System

Friday 7 October 2011

Sepia Saturday 95 - Letter From Mama

Try as I may, for this week's Sepia Saturday I am alas not theming. Instead I am offering up a vintage postcard called 'Letter From Mama', c.1903. The postcard was published by S.Hildesheimer and the written greeting reads 'We have received a letter from M to say they will not be able to visit us on Sunday. Love from all.' Maybe however, one of these girls moved to Denmark and became a suffragette, or maybe the letter is from their mother, who happened to be a suffragette in Denmark.Alternatively I could just be clutching at straws trying to make up for my inability to theme this week.

Letter from Mama, c.1903

As usual 100's more vintage postcards on my web site, and frustratingly still a pile of 200 or so to process.

    

6 comments:

  1. Early gossips at the garden gate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like they are dressing up as their mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a precious postcard! They are lovely girls. There is something about a letter that still seems more fun than an email.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I really stretched for the theme this week myself, and though I think mine is a great post, I'm not sure others do. Oh, well.

    Happy Sepia Saturday,

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theme or no theme - it matters not as long as the image is a good one : and this image is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Such precious little girls, all dressed up like big girls. Wonderful postcard. I especially enjoy the ones that were used for personal messages. Makes me want to know more about who sent it/them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails