Complete Amazon Marketing System

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Vintage postcards by the artist Elmer Keene

A few weeks ago when I shared a vintage Christmas postcard by the artist Elmer Keene, it attracted a fair bit of interest so I promised to dedicate a whole post to him. As with many artists whose work is regularly featured on vintage postcards, Elmer's wok is quite distinctive and relatively easy to spot when flicking through a batch of postcards. The majority of those I have found to date are black and white, with a few being colour, or colour-tinted. Whilst the majority of those I have come across are landscapes, and usually in Scotland, Ireland or the Lake District, I do also have a few of other scenes. Their distinctive appearance probably has a correct name in the world of art, but to me they appear dark, understated and slightly misty. I have quite a few to choose from but have tried to select a batch to share which are both interesting and varied. If this post generates sufficient interest I may do a follow-up post with more Elmer Keene postcards.

Portelet Bay, Jersey, vintage postcard by the artist Elmer Keene

Lower Lake, Killarney, Ireland, vintage postcard by the artist Elmer Keene

Sound of Kenerra, Oban, Scotland, vintage postcard by the artist Elmer Keene

Rough Sea, vintage postcard by the artist Elmer Keene

Tintern Abbey, vintage postcard by the artist Elmer Keene

As usual 100's of vintage postcards can be found on my web site



1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails