Complete Amazon Marketing System

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Vintage postcard of Golders Green Crematorium

A curious postcard to share today. When I first saw this I thought that given the terracotta colouring it was perhaps of somewhere in Italy. It wasn't until I had a closer look at home that I realised that it was in fact Golders Green in North London. Now, I have been to Golders Green on occasions, but admittedly only to change buses having somehow arrived there descending from Hampstead Heath. However, after the tiniest amount of research, I have found that firstly it's still around today, and also that it's 'home' to various famous people including Marc Bolan, Kingsley Amis, Sid James, Sigmund Freud, Keith Moon, and countless others. Perhaps I'll have to pay a visit next time I'm round that way.



Memorial Cloister, Golders Green Crematorium, vintage postcard from the original water-colour drawing by Mary Hill.


    

As usual, 100's more vintage postcards can be found on my web site

7 comments:

  1. And, as Italian, I thought that too, that it was some Italian place :-D
    Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks and sounds like a lovely place to visit. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful and serene:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like a terra cotta structure. What a fascinating surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nice little brick pic, and interesting history. Good one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails