Complete Amazon Marketing System

Friday 29 January 2010

Vintage postcards of Tunbridge Wells, Kent

It's always surprising to me when I end up with several vintage postcards of a town in England that I've never visited, and Tunbridge Wells in Kent fits that description for me. Judging by the number of postcards, it's obviously a place that attracted Victorian and Edwardian visitors, although until I find the time to do some research I don't know why. Anyway, here are a handful of vintage postcards of Tunbridge Wells that I thought I'd share.

Toad Rock, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, c.1935


The Pantiles Promenade, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, c.1914, published by H.G.Groves


Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, published by H.G.Groves


Happy Valley, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, c.1912, published by Valentine


Lots more vintage postcards of Kent on my web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails