Complete Amazon Marketing System

Sunday 22 April 2012

Sepia Saturday 122 - Gardening

I have several vintage postcards of gardens that would fit this week's Sepia Saturday theme but after much deliberation I chose this one because it's the only one I have which also includes a gardener. Having said that however, this gardener seems to be standing back and admiring his handiwork rather than being in the action of gardening per-se. The postcard is a Raphael Tuck oilette, features the Parade Gardens, Eastbourne, Sussex, and dates back to the early 1900's.

Eastbourne Parade Gardens, Sussex

As usual 100's more vintage postcards on my web site

    

3 comments:

  1. Lovely scene. He quite rightly is admiring his handiwork. A job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think the gardener is finished and taking one last look for some errant weed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Possibly tired, but oh so proud! Lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails