Complete Amazon Marketing System

Sunday 26 January 2014

Sepia Saturday 212 - vintage postcard of snow in Jesmond Dene, Newcastle-on-Tyne

It's been a while since I've managed to find time to post to Sepia Saturday, so hopefully my post today will make up for my weeks of absence. We've not had any snow here in the south of the UK whatsoever this winter, but inspired by Alan's prompt of a skier, I have dug out a snow related vintage postcard.

Vintage postcard of Jesmond Dene, Newcastle-on-Tyne
Vintage postcard of Jesmond Dene, Newcastle-on-Tyne

However, as we have not had any snow, but almost every other season in the past 24 hours, I have also shared some vintage postcards of Jesmond Dene in different seasons.

Vintage postcard of the Stepping Stones, Jesmond Dene, Newcastle-on-Tyne
Vintage postcard of the Stepping Stones, Jesmond Dene, Newcastle-on-Tyne

Vintage postcard of the Stepping Stones, Jesmond Dene, Newcastle-on-Tyne
Vintage postcard of the Stepping Stones, Jesmond Dene, Newcastle-on-Tyne

As usual 100's of vintage postcards on my web site


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful postcards, but I shudder just a bit at the folks crossing on those stones. It reminds me all too well of how I tried crossing a rushing creek on wet slippery stones once on a hike, and fell in! Not one of my better memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that such a simple garden/park feature would be so popular to illustrate as a card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am near enough to Newcastle to be able to go and check out Jesmond Dene to see whether it still exists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did well to find a snowy card, I looked through my collection without finding any. There again, I suspect that your collection is a lot bigger than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it's wonderful to see you, and what fine cards of winter moments you offer us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely scene with stepping stones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go there right now - snow or not!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You find such lovely images! A vintage postcard reminded us so strongly of Felicite of Flaubert's A Simple Heart, we bought it. Have a look at this lovely old postcard and lots more here http://www.normandythenandnow.com/a-simple-heart-at-pont-leveque

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails