Complete Amazon Marketing System

Sunday 12 May 2013

Sepia Saturday 176 - vintage postcards of old schools

Hopefully Alan won't give me a detention but am I allowed to indulge myself this week for Sepia Saturday and publish a second post? After submitting my vintage school listings last night, I found some other school related subject matter, this time in my vintage postcards. The first school looks, from the setting, quite idyllic. The second one looks a bit harsh.

Vintage postcard of The Grammar School, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, c.1918
Vintage postcard of The Grammar School, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, c.1918


Vintage postcard of College Hall, King's School, Worcester
Vintage postcard of College Hall, King's School, Worcester

 As usual, 100's more vintage postcards can be found on my web site, and for those of you in search of space, you may like to check out my latest Urban Wanderings over on my In Search of Space blog which has recently seen me drift around the London districts of Shoreditch, King's Cross and Clerkenwell.




6 comments:

  1. Oh, you're right the second one looks like something out of Jane Eyre.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a rower at school I was always rather jealous of the reputation of Shrewsbury as one of, or the best, school rowing clubs by historical performance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that a whirlpool in Shrewsbury? And what is that on the blackboard in Worcester?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now you have me wishing I'd actually spent some time in Shrewsbury. All I did was send a traveling companion into a store for some cookies. Poor thing got nothing but guff from me and the other friend when she brought out fig newtons. So that's my memory of Shrewsbury. That and some hotel wanted 6 pence for parking and we were too cheap to pay it so we drove several hundred miles to a friend's house. All this from your one little post card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have done exactly the same T+L :-)

      Delete
  5. I rather fancy the idea of a boathouse and jetty at my school.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails