Complete Amazon Marketing System

Friday 30 April 2010

Cute Kittens, by artist E.L.Beckles

Well, what a great find these vintage postcards were. Amongst a whole bunch of modern, and quite honestly uninteresting postcards, I found these. As I was flicking through the batch quite quickly I only spotted one initially, but something made me go back and look more closely, unearthing another two.

I do wonder if I had looked through all the racks in that much detail whether I would have found the complete set.

All 3 postcards are by a postcard artist who is new to me, E.L.Beckles, and were published by Valentine in the Kitten series. None of them are postally used but date to around the late 1940's or early 1950's.

What I particularly like is that the kittens are cute, but not overly so (if that makes sense). The colours are striking yet subtle at the same time. I think my favourite of the 3 is probably Sweets For the Sweet, although this final one, Three Little Beauties, is also lovely.

As usual, postcards like these and 100's of others can be found on my vintage postcards website

11 comments:

  1. What lovely postcards--makes me homesick for my darling little Crickette'. Thank you for sharing these, and happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first one too - why have strawberries when you can have milk (or cream)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet series. But a cat called crickette? Ours was called Jojo. Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky find, they look like cats with attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kittens - and these are adorable. Like you said, not sappy sweet, just sweet, with all that personality!

    Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually prefer adult cats, but I agree those kittens are cute without being too cute. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I became a cat person relatively recently so of course I LOVE these cards! a great find for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What playful kittens... Great finds. Thanks for sharing, happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The kittens are cute, but real looking! Adorable! Wonderful find for you. Happy PFF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet as can be, and always fun to learn the name of the artist behind vintage art. Happy (belated)PFF!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails